REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited medical school, residency or fellowship program
- Have a special interest in gastric cancer research
- Demonstrate a genuine quest for knowledge and understanding of gastric cancer
- Applicant must be committed to the mission of No Stomach For Cancer
Applicant must submit:
- A completed scholarship application form
- A current resume or CV
- Provide two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant’s integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant’s medical school/resident/fellow program, verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a second, a third or fourth-year medical student/resident/fellow at that institution.
- A typed one-page essay specifically describing:
- Why the applicant has an interest in gastric cancer
- What contributions he/she expects to make to the healthcare profession
- Proof of conference attendance and a brief written summary of the applicant’s experience at the conference (after the conference is complete)
Deadline for application: Open and Accepting Applications
It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit a complete application by the posted deadline. If time allows, applicants with incomplete forms will be notified. However, all ensuing correspondence must meet the posted deadline. All incomplete applications and applications received after the above date will not be considered.